Monday, October 18, 2010

All The Right Moves

Tomorrow is Project Partner Day. Meaning, I will be meeting my mentors (community members/leaders) who will be with me in my project site in Las Galeras. After a day filled of group strengthening activities and ice breakers (joy), they will be taking me to Las Galeras. It's a big day. I will finally get to see where I will be spending my next two years. I am really anxious/excited/nervous, but most of all ready. Training is coming to an end and although I feel a little overwhelmed to leave everybody and be on my own, I am also ready to get this all started. Catch is, I only get to stay until Sunday. I can't leave training without graduating of course. That big day is next Wednesday-Swearing In. We actually take the same oath the president of the United States takes (fun fact).

In other news, I celebrated my 23rd birthday (one of three birthdays I will celebrate in the DR) last Thursday. Thanks to my wonderful friends, I had an incredible candlelight dinner. No, we don't eat by candlelight to be romantic, se fue la luz (the lights went out). Like always. Although I couldn't be with my family and friends, it was so nice to be around people that I have become so close to and come to love like my family.


(Just so you can get the candlelight feel)

No comments:

Post a Comment