Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Keeping two feet on the ground

Written: October 1

Today my sister and the neighborhood children came running to me to ask a question. They wanted to know if you could open windows on an airplane. One of them shouted before I could answer “of course not because that would make the airplane fall to the ground.” I tried to explain that there was no way to open a window but not because the plane would necessarily fall, but because the oxygen isn’t breathable when you are up that high. They looked at me a little puzzled, still trying to understand how there could be windows that you couldn’t open. Just puts things into perspective. Everything has been so fast paced and because I am still surrounded by my colleagues, sometimes I forget that I am the alien, the one that has lived a life so different from theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment