Monday, August 16, 2010

Countdown: Less Than 24 Hours

I am almost finished packing. Ran all my errands. Good news, everything fit AND I am pretty sure I am just at 50 lbs on my large bag. It doesn't seem real that I leave tomorrow. I don't think it will until I begin my training.

So what did I end up packing for 2 years? Here's just a few of the different items that you might not think of that went into my bag.

Essential items: umbrella, pocket knife, flashlight, quick dry towel, medical record of all my immunizations, this one took up a lot of space: sleeping bag, sleeping mat and a full set of sheets (yes, it is small enough for my suitcase), three boxes of hard candy (so they don't melt) for the host families I will be staying with (yes, three families), rechargeable batteries, enough undies and socks to last 2 weeks without washing, shower sandals...the list goes on.

Random items: Yoga video (for those stressful days), compass (in case I get lost, ha), running shoes (I want to stay active), plastic bags to protect my things from getting wet (did I mention I arrive in perfect time for hurricane season?), Crystal Light (in case I get sick of water), chocolate flavored breakfast bars (I know I will crave something a little sweet)

A Must Have: pictures of my family and friends, my panda bear (for all those lonely nights), journal

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaay! Good job packing. Let us know when you're there safe! Take lots of pictures! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I though I was your panda bear! but I'm not in your suitcase, can I come instead?

    ReplyDelete